Texala is seeking a QA Lead to responsible for planning, designing and automating test suites to ensure continuous quality improvement of the output of development squad working in agile environment.
Your work will involve close collaboration with Architects, Developers, Business Analyst, and stakeholder. The successful candidate will have deep technical skills in distributed systems, test development, test automation tools, networking and observability technologies running on Linux and Kubernetes/OpenShift. Experience working in an agile, DevOps environment where test automation is standard practice is a definite plus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and refine test plans, for both functional and non-functional testing, Manual and automated test plans and Review the designs of systems and features to ensure testability.
- Ensure that you cover maximum requirements in minimum number of test cases.
- Ensure that the Bugs Rejection Ratio is below the threshold defined. Raising too many false positive may affect your credibility.
- Total number of bugs reported are important but more important is Number of Critical and High Severity Bugs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- A good working knowledge of test management software, programming languages, and QA methodologies 7-10 years’ experience in QA testing.
- Testing methodologies, tools and process, (test planning, scoping test strategy, test estimation).
- Must have programming experience using React/Java/Shell Script/Python.
- Experience with observability technologies like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, kafka, Jenkins.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools such as git, Jenkins, Travis.
- Must have knowledge working with web based technologies (SOAP/REST)
- Must have experience in Postgresql and Odoo.
- Must have knowledge of SVN, GIT distributed version control.
- Candidate must have extensive experience working with analysis, documentation, defect tracking, validation and verification.
- Experience with multiple cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google as well as VMware and OpenStack
- Familiarity with JMeter, Selenium, Nginx, pprof is an assetWillingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Leadership and mentorship skills to guide junior team members
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- We offer flexible benefits and compensation packages that allow our managers and employees to make choices that fit their lifestyles. Salary is based on experience and includes a complete benefits package.
- Ideas are heard, and challenges are embraced at Texala. Working here requires commitment, energy, flexibility & a healthy dose of creativity.
- The trade-off for you to be working with us is that you will not have dull days. You will have fun while learning new skills & operating in a creative environment with healthy and supportive co-workers with unmatchable financial and professional rewards of a lifetime.
- We offer competitive benefits to help our employees stay healthy, meet their financial goals, protect their incomes and their families, and balance the demands of work and personal life.
- Bonuses based on individual performance
- Top of line medical benefits, health insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Paid sick time
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- Paid vacations.
- Freedom for Innovation and ideas.
- A personal development plan to help you (and us) grow.
- A fun and light work environment with serious responsibilities
- We require pre-employment background and drug screening.